Tuesday, June 24, 2008
It's A No Go On Phi Tau
Ok. Not much to report today, except for a bit of bad news and some more questions for the readers - five to be exact. Reporting from here on out will have to consist of one less source; sadly it's gotten "too risky" for SW 13 & 2nd to continue passing along. The last email includes little, "the houses e-boards are antsy." Several house e-boards are rumored to be summoning their House Keys (each house may have several keys, but there is only one intermediary between the honorary & the house) to assess the situation. For Fiji, our last House Key was Collin Colverson and in 2004, when he'd already graduated and we had no Keys, Colverson returned to meet privately with our house president Dave Basadre who up until that point had been with us (Duque/Gruskin/Goldman) to support Access. By the time he left Dave's room and the others (E-Board) re-emerged, there was zero chance they'd touch anything yellow & blue.
Ok, sorry for the tangent, but I like to add extra factual info into pieces I KNOW will be refuted by the Greeks as "you're not Greek so how do you know."
The three sources' info seems to meet on one point: houses are unsure who the right candidate is going to be. Some houses are convinced it will be Johnson, at least one House Key is already decided on Kellie Dale but his house wants to no part of that proposition (lol), and another house [that's traditionally been very active] has an e-board that said at chapter it would boycott the entire election if Gator splits.
Chapter meetings are rare moments when fraternity members go back to a time when the fraternal orders were respected -- you don't bullshit during that hour a week; you're usually in your CR a place built by generations before you, it's the one place , for the one time that the whole Fraternity experience they sell you seems like it could be real. If anything remotely SG is discussed down there, it's going to be pretty serious. Now not to diss my source, but I'd rather die that repeat what I heard in my CR, but he perhaps feels the need outweighs the oath and perhaps it just might.
I don't know how many houses want to go down the road to perdition, breaking the Greek bloc in two, maybe even three ways with the GDI's and Cultural Groups set up to gain the largest slices (provided they sit the fence while the Greeks destroy one another).
So for the Questions to the readers:
1. If the Greeks continue on this path...will the GDI's have enough sense to sit out the fighting - or - will their thirst for power force them into the fight and possibly onto the wrong side?
2. If Gator splits how many houses would just sit the election out? (I personally see this as the safest move for the future)
3. If Gator splits who'd have the strongest faction Dale, Drayton, or Johnson?
4. Would Drayton or Dale take Veep to Johnson? (Me personally I see the Veep offer as an insult to both the SBT & SSP, as both posts are substantially more powerful than SBVP)
5. If Drayton & Johnson were the top vote getters and made it to a run-off, who would Dale endorse and why?
For the bad news: Look to the Entry Title. Rumor has it Phi Tau wasn't willing to commit to the task asked of it.