Monday, July 09, 2007

Good Morning



Yeah. Literally good morning, 4:15Am, clothes on, enjoying the last few post-shower moments sans shoes or socks. Though I wanted to re-take the lsat, I don't want to waste another year, so over the last couple weeks I've asked dozens of people about my future school, including many of its MSU neighbors and everyone says its very much respected and a great place to study law -- only problem is that price tag, 30k a year --major OUCH! Retake the lsat and get five more points -- save $10k, but lost a semester, no.., I gotta go now.

Anywho (no not a type-o, I actually like saying that), I was reading the Alligator online and it struck me. SG should do something for Henry Cane's Family. It could come in the way of another boring, waste of time resolution, OR Kim Cruts or someone else from Press wing of SG or perhaps the Senate I&C Committee could buy a giant card and have it circulate through chambers on Tuesday and be readily available to members of Cabinet (say, from the office of the SB Vice President) and be given to the family, perhaps with a small, cost-efficient but heart-warming gift. I mean this would actually be very nice and I think Kim & Lacey (to name a couple of nice girls) could do a very nice job on this -- if they wanted to. SG actually doing something for the everyday (not necessarily politically-connected) student.

I also think this No Facebook in print lab idea is for the birds. Yes, added (free) exposure for SG is always a great thing, but considering the abysmally low voter turnout rates at UF and the level of political apathy, does anyone else think that redirecting a person from a site they want to go to and sending them to the site of an organization they already distrust and in some cases, even dislike as being a bad idea? Suddenly the added (free) publicity just doesn't seem so attractive now does it?

Something for the Press & PR wings to contemplate, perhaps someone should politely tell Mr. Cupoli this re-direct should be Bernie's homepage and not SG's.

6 comments:

Kimba said...

Kim is supposed to be writing a letter but is currently battling a 100.9 degree fever. I'll try to be better by tomorrow so I can get my work done.

Anonymous said...

FYI, Cupoli isn't working there anymore.

Anonymous said...

He is until the 24th

Anonymous said...

Kim, you know you have to follow the Will of the Duque! The Will of the Duque does not make time for sickness, nor does it care about your pathetic excuses. The Will of the Duque must be served!

Anonymous said...

Why is cupoli leaving?

Anonymous said...

he got promoted